Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Toy Collector


Here is a glimpse into one of my newer poems ... post book release :)
Enjoy!



The Toy Collector


Specks of dust begin to collect
You’ve forgotten about me
Before the shelf you decide which to select
It’s always any other doll but me

Wind the clock back so many hours
Like the toy mouse on your floor
What happened to that love of ours?
Why don’t you want me anymore?

Day after day I tell myself to wait
Patience is a virtue
But life on the shelf seems my fate
Because the dream of us never comes true

My porcelain skin of ivory is beginning to crack
The tears have etched their trails
The still beating heart doesn’t know if you’re coming back
But you wouldn’t be the first who fails

At least wipe the dust off my pink silk dress
Remember me
I know my doll-like perfection has ceased to impress
Just don’t forget me