Monday, April 11, 2011

Circus of Broken Hearts


It’s not easy, I’ll tell you that
If you’re not up for the challenge,
turn right back
My heart will never be whole,
no matter how much one will try
So take caution before embarking on this ride
Welcome to the Circus of Broken Hearts
Where I am the Ring Leader,
your guide across the field of mystical arts
Prepare to swallow your pride and breathe in fire
As my words burn with a flame,
fueled by the mistrust of many liars
Master the secrets of magic if you wish to survive
Because I’m chained beneath years of heavy waters in a glass box,
and I’m depending on your tricks to come back to life
Tolerate the cold of blades slicing you in two
I’m known for making men want to split,
and at moments you may wish so too
Train your mind in its psychic abilities
For now I require someone with the effort and intelligence,
to understand every inch of me with ease
Strengthen your body and get ready for the walk on glass
Did I forget to mention those were the pieces of my shattered heart
that, to get to me, you’ll need to pass?
How else will I know you’re willing to do it all?
Without these flaming hoops and obstacles,
we may as well brace ourselves for the fall
From high above with the acrobats, walking across the rope of fear
No safety net below us,
to keep it real
Even if I tried I couldn’t get myself to apologize
This is who I am now,
and I am beyond tired of jagged goodbyes
I’m giving it to you clear from the very start
No fine print hidden along the circus’s ad,
a disclaimer and a prevention of anything to fall apart
It’s a take it or leave it situation
And the bad does come with the good,
for your information
Broken and specific, thanks to history, can still be sweet
Listen to me recite words of love as the sun sets upon our tent,
and you’ll know about the passions you never thought you could meet
Inhale the sugar filled fragrances lingering in the air
As we sit in each other's arms,
enjoying the evenings with funnel cakes to share
Look at the worry in my eyes as you face death-defying stunts
Don’t underestimate my emotions,
they’re always on the hunt
And watch my smile heal day after day
A healing I never expected to find,
but your inner clown gave to me anyway