Friday, October 19, 2012

Zombie Love

It's that time of year again ... lol whatever that may mean to the heartfelt people of life.
Once upon a time I wrote about Vampire Love, when spending sleepless nights and horrendous drowsy mornings were my fate. This Halloween, the tables have turned in the imagination of my mind. Enjoy!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Zombie, in its broadest sense, is a person who has lost his or her sense of self-awareness and identity, and cares only for the destruction (and often consumption) of any human around, no matter what the circumstances, or cost to his or her self. – Zombiepedia

And then there were two…
him and you
But in reality I had neither one
I fell for him deeply,

gravitating towards him like the pull of the sun
Waiting on him for something I can only hope he’ll do
And all while I feel a confusing minimal for you
So I find myself burning both ends of a nonexistent candle in the forefronts of my mind
His shadow being the only thing I can’t help but find
I continue to bury you deep beneath endless black holes
only so that I can find peace from torturing your soul
Love may be the eerie term I am feeling for him,
while it seems to be the darkest term you’ve applied to me on a whim
If only I was as forgetful as the one that isn’t you,
life may be far more pleasant for us two
But he reminds me of that stubborn memory I hold
showing me it’s no gift, but a curse that’s gotten old
He’s carved my heart like a cheap orange pumpkin,
burned me with a flame, and only now has it sunk in
This may be another deceptive spell,
cast upon that heart of mine that will forever remain unwell
Ghostly flames have been reawakened from their creepy tombs tonight,
I guess three years is just about time,
and now I know the zombies are the ones with whom I will unite
Mindlessly chasing the man that will always run away from me
as you trail behind, fearless of my manic insanity
But there’s no cure for the undead living like me
This seems to be my fate for eternity
Because once I surrender to the love you’re willing to give
I know I will only once again become a lonely captive
He’ll be long gone,
and you’ll change your mind about everything you had done
leaving me only to repeat to myself on All Hallows’ Eve
And then there were none…